Individual Achievement Award
What Is the Individual Achievement Award?
The Individual Achievement Award is presented annually at the Fall Conference to a nominated ISHMPR member who has shown outstanding work in marketing, public relations, or communications in the healthcare industry.
The deadline for submissions is August 31, 2023. To make a nomination, please use our online nomination form. If you have any questions, please get in touch with Scott Lungwitz at Scott.Lungwitz@osfhealthcare.org. Unfortunately, you cannot self-nominate, as it will not be accepted. The award will be presented at the 2023 Annual Fall Conference.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be an ISHMPR member in good standing.
- Have ten or more years of experience in marketing, public relations, and communications — including at least five years of direct involvement in the healthcare industry.
How Nominations Are Judged
Nominations for the Individual Achievement Award will be judged on the following criteria:
- Proven Innovation. Demonstrated ability to produce outstanding public relations, marketing, or communication work.
- Enhancement of Healthcare Marketing or PR. Participation in professional organizations at a leadership level, publication in professional literature, or professional public speaking engagements. Willingness to share skills and help others learn and grow.
- Personal Qualities. Must have excellent leadership and the ability to work with diverse groups; a record of motivating or mentoring others; exemplifying healthcare marketing and public relations values and ethics to people in other disciplines and fields.
- Community Services and Civic Achievement. Based on a local, regional, or national level.
Cork Tree Creative
Sue Webb, Director of Strategy at Cork Tree Creative, is a highly skilled and versatile
senior marketer with extensive experience in medical sales, marketing, and PR.
Webb spent her early career as a medical research assistant at Washington University
Medical School and St. Louis University Medical School and went on to a successful
career in pharmaceutical sales. Following her successful career in sales, she entered the marketing industry in 2010 as the marketing director for a St. Louis regional wealth management company.
In 2017, Webb was Director of Marketing and Public Relations for Signature Medical
Group and led a team of seven marketing professionals while overseeing all marketing,
PR, and communication for the multi-state independent physical group that included
over 150 providers, 25 practices, and 45 locations.
For the past three years, Webb has served as the Director of Strategy at Cork Tree
Creative, providing marketing insight for healthcare clients. Webb sits on the executive board of the St. Louis Chapter of the Medical Group Management Association and is an Edwardsville Community Foundation and Edwardsville High School Drama Booster board member.
She also pioneered the nationally syndicated podcast Parenting Food Allergies, a
first-person perspective of raising children with food allergies, which was highlighted in
Individual Achievement Award Winner
The 2023 recipient of the Individual Achievement Award is Sue Webb. Webb is currently the Director of Strategy at Cork Tree Creative.