Welcome to ISHMPR Job Openings. This is a highly valued resource for healthcare marketing, communications and public relations professionals where members can promote their career opportunities for free! Prospective or non-members can pay a small fee of $250 to promote their openings on the ISHMPR site. The exposure of your listing on our site will help you receive greater qualified applicants and fill your position quickly.
The Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network (ICAHN) is a trusted, nationally recognized not-for-profit healthcare organization that provides small, rural, and critical access hospitals with a wide range of essential, value-added programs and services, education, and support to help them overcome challenges, grow, and thrive in a complex healthcare environment. The mission of our organization is to strengthen rural healthcare through effective collaboration. Better Together, ICAHN and its 58 member hospitals make it their overarching goal to preserve access to rural healthcare while improving the vibrancy and viability of the communities served. ICAHN celebrates 20 years of service to our member hospitals in 2023!
About the role – Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of corporate marketing and communication activities in alignment with the strategic planning initiatives of the organization. The Director of Marketing interprets network program and services objectives and develops successful campaigns, deliverables, and outcomes from idea to execution. This role also ensures that the organization’s brand and message is clearly defined and distributed across all channels and target audiences and coordinates the organization’s annual marketing budget. Within the organization, the position works closely with the Executive Director, the Senior Director of Business Services, and program/service line managers. Outside the organization, the position coordinates closely with our member hospitals, business partners, and other vendors that support rural healthcare.
What would you do?
- Lead the development and delivery of network marketing activities, promotion of network education and training programs, major member events and related deliverables.
- Provide graphic design and creative content for the organization.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of ICAHN’s major network events.
- Assist with securing event sponsors and program booklet advertising for major ICAHN events.
- Assist the Senior Director of Business Services and Development in supporting ICAHN’s sponsors and business partners.
- Provide editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of ICAHN education and training publications, promotional materials related to the network’s business services portfolio, and major communication documents for network/public distribution, including the ICAHN Annual Report, using minimal outsourcing.
- Write, design, and publish a quarterly network newsletter for ICAHN membership.
- Prepare news releases for media distribution and photograph ICAHN events.
- Oversee the continued development, updating, and monitoring of the ICAHN website and its secure member portal.
- Develop and provide oversight of social media strategy and implementation. Monitor and evaluate usage and coordinate closely with the ICAHN Social Media Specialist in selecting and editing content while also helping with use of InDesign, Canva, Constant Contact, Getty Images, Planable, and other platforms as needed.
- Provide consultation to network members on education/communication design and strategy, monitor the Public Relations/Marketing/Foundation Listserv, and guide the actions of the Public Relations/Marketing/Foundation Peer Network.
- Coordinate management, marketing and organization communications for the network.
- Act as an internal resource to bring attention and solutions to organizational priorities.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- Proven experience in graphic design and creative work.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and experience in interviewing, news and feature writing, photography, and lay-out of multiple media forms including but not limited to brochures, annual reports, event program booklets, posters and banners, flyers, e-forms, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media relevance to business services, education and training and its use in promoting the organization in general.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Some healthcare experience will be a great asset.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience in the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in page layout, word processing, and database management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Occasional out-of-town, overnight travel required.
Professional Certification Requirements
- This position does not require any professional certification. However, the individual is encouraged to achieve certifications as appropriate and advanced skill sets and knowledge.
Working Environment / Travel
- Professional office setting in a vibrant, rural community
- Occasional travel is required and must have a current Illinois Driver’s license.
All inquires should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Marketing Specialist serves as an integral part of RUSH’s Department of Marketing Communications, reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Services Marketing. The person in this role assists the Senior Director in the development and successful implementation of marketing strategies that grow demand and further the reputation for RUSH’s clinical services priorities. Primary responsibilities include the management of comprehensive marketing strategies that identify and capitalize on market opportunities and support RUSH’s mission and strategic business objectives. The person in this role leads the execution of these strategies and works in close collaboration with clinical service area physicians and administrative leaders. The person in this role is expert in all facets of successful marketing communications implementation – including digital, search engine optimization, direct mail, advertising, social media, videos and other leading-edge marketing tactics.
The Marketing Specialist works collaboratively with other members of the Marketing Communications team, including Strategic Internal Communications, Digital and Web Strategy, Strategic External Communications and Brand Strategy & Creative Media and with people from all disciplines and all levels across RUSH as well as with vendors and community representatives outside the organization to accomplish these objectives. The individual who holds this position exemplifies the RUSH mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with RUSH policies and procedures.
- Convene, lead and engage cross-functional teams – including internal and external resources – to implement and track the ongoing performance of marketing communications strategies for clinical service area priorities.
- Partner with clinical service area physicians and administrative leadership to understand and articulate their business priorities to Marketing Communications colleagues, vendors and others who support the successful implementation of the strategies.
- Work with the Senior Director of Marketing to develop and implement successful strategies ins support of the clinical service area. Execute CRM campaigns and projects, which include mailings, distribution and circulation of RUSH marketing communications materials, targeting appropriate audiences using the latest technology and strategic insights available to Marketing Communications inside and outside of RUSH.
- Stay abreast of trends in marketing, seeking out innovative solutions, including AI, that build and strengthen relationships with current and prospective patients, students and stakeholders and ensure successful integration of those solutions into the comprehensive strategy.
- Establish and stay within budget targets.
- Assists and serves as back-up for other marketing and communications staff to move projects forward as needed.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of three years of experience in Marketing or Communications.
- Works occasional off-shift hours and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills, including a background in editorial style; familiarity with AP style preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels of the organization to promote and gain approval for ideas and plans.
- Strength in critical and strategic thinking.
- Successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate with and in some cases convene teams that include participants from other areas of the department and organization to integrate the deliverables of the functions and achieve common goals to successfully support the mission and business objectives of RUSH.
- Maximize the use of available information to make data-informed decisions; incorporate data visualization into message development and deployment strategies
- Contribute to a department-wide culture of collaboration, integrated program planning, processes, shared tools and problem-solving by facilitating cross-team initiatives that leverage individual contributors, help ensure employee engagement, ownership of work, and a high level of productivity.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, resourcefulness, and ingenuity.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of and the ability to apply the full range of marketing tools and functionalities to meet marketing goals.
- CRM and project management experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with colleagues within RUSH and external clients.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Creativity, resourcefulness and computer skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Demonstrated success in healthcare or service industry marketing.
- Rush Oak Brook is a brand new state-of-the art facility that operates as a partnership with Midwest Orthopedics and an Ambulatory Surgery Center. This new site is part of an ongoing effort to build new facilities, renovate existing buildings and adopt new technology.
- Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
- Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
- Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
- Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 676 beds
- Ranked among the top 20 “Best Places to Work” by Indeed.
- RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.
The Home Centered Care Institute (HCCI) is a mission-driven non-profit dedicated to increasing patient access to home-based primary care (HBPC), particularly for medically complex patients who are best cared for at home. HCCI is passionately committed to its vision of bringing HBPC into the healthcare mainstream, and we are proud to be advancing the field of HBPC through education, consulting, research, and advocacy.
The Manager, Outreach & Engagement establishes strategic partnerships with healthcare providers and practices. They successfully network, build relationships, and forge a rapport with key clients and organizations. The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, creative, and proactive, with strong attention to detail. They must be perceptive and have the ability to synthesize information obtained from clients to address needs and promote ideal HCCI offerings and solutions. Additionally, they must have strong interpersonal skills to effectively advocate for HBPC via phone, video conference, and during in-person meetings and conferences.
- Propose suitable HCCI solutions and services while promoting the development of house call programs and the delivery of high-quality, efficient HBPC;
- Proactively contact new prospects to enhance awareness of HBPC and understand practice goals and needs based on discovering key practice characteristics and challenges;
- Utilize a systematic process to (re)engage current learners and customers and assess their further learning needs;
- Generate interest in HBPC and HCCI through email and phone outreach campaigns (including cold calling) and successfully nurture and transition prospects to warm leads;
- Assist with developing and implementing communications campaigns to heighten awareness of HBPC across Chicagoland, Illinois, and nationally;
- Actively cultivate and manage customer relationships and accurately address questions or concerns;
- Meet defined monthly targets for engaging new prospects and existing customers and enter and track interactions and other data using Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology;
- Manage relationships with appropriate Graduate Medical Education (GME)/training programs to directly engage residents, fellows, advanced practice provider trainees, and their respective program directors in utilizing HCCI education offerings, including online course subscription bundles;
- Effectively utilize technology to assist management with tracking and recording relationships, engagements, and purchases of services for all customers within the CRM and Learning Management System (LMS);
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Minimum four (4) years experience in healthcare engagement or similar lead generation role, preferably with an already established network of healthcare professionals;
- Minimum two (2) years experience in marketing and/or social media engagement;
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook;
- Prior experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database;
- Some travel required (< 25%);
- Professional and positive demeanor; customer-focused; polished interpersonal skills;
- Able to express written ideas and communications clearly, accurately, and professionally;
- Skilled in business acumen and oriented toward problem-solving;
- Some understanding of performance improvement and assessment of educational needs are strongly desired;
- Organized; keen attention to detail; able to work independently and as an influential team member;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed in the management of projects while keeping the team and partners apprised of project status and next steps;
- Open-minded, flexible, conscientious, and able to easily adjust to a changing work environment;
- Strategic thinker: able to assess situations, the state or progress of an engagement/ relationship, and take the proper action(s).
HCCI provides a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as generous benefits offerings, including healthcare and dental coverage options for all full-time employees, a retirement plan, flexible paid time off and sick leave policies, and paid holidays.
HCCI is based in Illinois and is a remote workforce. However, the position requires flexibility to travel and attend both local and national meetings and conferences in person, as needed.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to profoundly improve medical outcomes for vulnerable individuals and to work with passionate and mission-driven colleagues, apply today.
HCCI is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Healthcare engagement or similar lead generation: 4 years (Required)
- Marketing and Social Media Engagement: 2 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Schaumburg, IL 60173
Post a Job
If you are interested in posting a job on our site please contact ISHMPR.